Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Soduku Madness

Mr. Dr. and I have never been trend setters, really. But we are part of a craze started in Japan and sweeping the world as I write this.

We get this magazine from both the U.S. and the U.K. called The Week. Recommended by my time-crunched sister, it is really the idiots guide to what happened in the world the last week if you're too busy working to read.

I ended up with the UK version because I ordered online and it said "The Week". Well holy Toledo, the price was much higher than I expected but oh well. Then, I found the US version which was considerably more affordable (shipping and all that).

Long story long, I'm happy that we get the UK version because on the inside back cover they have a crossword puzzle (bah!) and this math thingy called a Soduku.

Well the DH and I are totally hooked. He has beaten me every time...except once.

Oh, my rare win was soooo delicious. You see, they are rated in difficulty and this was rated the highest difficulty. For whatever reason, I blasted through it--got the method to the madness.

Not only did I finish first, I was done 15 to 20 minutes earlier than you-know-who. His pride was deeply offended. He is unbearable win or lose, but losing wins the bad attitude award.

My sore winning did not help his sore losing. To say that my one tiny triumph managed to find it's way into every conversation goes without saying.

Now, he's like the Soduku demon. We get one in the mail and he hunkers down drawing a grid. We have at least one competition a week. Believe it or not, I find this fun.

Try them, you'll like them. They can cause brain pain, but the only way to lose is to quit. Don't be a loser! Winners never quit!
More blogs about the woodlands rita.