Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita: Surging Power

Hi all... I was hoping for power through the night or at least until the winds. But alas...no. We are surging right now.

The wind is barely moving yet. The first couple of drops have dripped from the storm. 60,000 customers without power down in Galveston.

So, if you don't hear from me in the next few hours, don't fear the worst--just blame downed power lines or a blown transformer.

Otherwise, we have had a nice dinner. We are running the dishwasher. The house is an icebox in anticipation of electricity loss. My feet are cubes. But we shall endure, because I'll be the first to complain when the heat rises.

If I hear one more person say "stay safe" I might have to create some flying debris. Every one tries to stay safe. Not everyone can do it.

P.S. We have a shotgun by the front door. A good deterrent hopefully.
More blogs about the woodlands rita.