Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rita: Gas Gone Thursday Night

At around noon today, a line snaked around the Exxon gas station with people waiting for a turn to fill up. My tank was full but did not runneth over so I topped it off.

Mr. Dr. went to top his off tonight. All gas stations tapped out. "Out-of-order" signs everywhere.

I do believe we have entered the twilight zone.

Makes me think of one of my favorite Tolkien quotes by Gandalf to Pippen before the last fight. "It is the deep breath before the plunge." Pippen says, "I do not want to be in a battle...but waiting on the edge of one I cannot escape is even worse!"

Check out other great militarily oriented Lord of the Rings quotes here.

P.S. Thanks to you-know-who-you-are for giving us the D batteries. We will hopefully be able to find the potty at night now. (It may not be all that hard--a tree in the backyard is not so hard to find at our house.)
More blogs about the woodlands rita.