Sunday, August 21, 2005

French Fries Gives Girls Cancer

The huge nurses study that has been going on for ages just found an interesting piece of research: girls who eat french fries as pre-schoolers are more likely, 27% more likely, to get breast cancer. I can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't sit right with me about this research. Hot dogs? Fine. Cookies? Fine. Burgers? Fine. But French Fries alone cause this problem? Read the research for yourself here.


A note: I believe diet in early life makes a HUGE difference. That's why nursing a child is imperitive. It's like a ship on a course--a few degrees off at the beginning and you end up worlds away from the goal at the end. But why french fries? Potato chips are fried and have more fat. I guess I'm saying that this doesn't make sense to me.
More blogs about the woodlands rita.